Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I miss my rings

It's been a few months now since I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings and I miss them. I wore them as long as I could, the day they flew off my finger while folding laundry was the day I put them up. Since I still have 45lbs to go until my goal I thought I'd hold off on having them sized but man this last leg is taking so long.....I'm thinking that maybe this winter if I haven't made some good progress toward my goal weight I'd go ahead and have them sized. I can always size them down again if needed. My mom gave me a pretty ring to wear in the meantime but it's not the same. My rings sitting in my jewlry box is my picture of the day today.

6 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

I hear you girl, but for different reasons obviously! My swollen hands haven't allowed me to wear my wedding ring for a while now, but I bought a cheap fake one for the meantime. I've actually purchased 3 because my hands swell at varying degrees each day. They serve their purpose for now.

Sherri said...

congrats!! it won't be long till you will be at your goal and you will be able to have them resized and wear them again! keep it up! I'm proud of you!!!!

{S} said...

hey! you're blogging again! yay!
You are inspiring me so much! I started another blog related to food and weight. I'd love to know more in depth how you are doing it, how you get started etc.
Congrats to you! Your rings will be back soon!

Molly said...

I am sooooo proud of you doll! You've come so far and that is a huge is an amazing amount of process (((HUGS)))

Molly said...

And forgive my lack of proper grammer. I was interuppted as I was typing my comment to you!:-)

Pamela said...

I also remember the day I was drying my hands and my rings fell on the floor. I was so glad I was at home and not some public rest room.

I now wear my wedding band on the middle finger of my left hand. I've had a few people ask me why and I tell them because I lost 110 lbs. They're usually awe struck.

I could have them resized but I choose not to because for me they are like a talisman to remind me of how far I've come.