Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shakey Day

Apparently we had an earthquake!! it happened around 4:30 am Friday but no of us woke up for it. I'm really suprised, I'm a pretty light sleeper so I must've been tired. We heard all about it on the radio while we were getting ready for school. We've had minor ones every so often, I can remember 2 in my life, once in the 80's then again in 2002. I didn't feel either of them so I wasn't too suprised that I didn't feel this one. UNTIL......10:18 I was sitting right here at the computer when the house started to shake!! I immediatly looked outside thinking it was the wind but the trees weren't really moving! it didn't last long, maybe 10 seconds or so but it was the weirdest thing ever!! I wasn't completly convinced I turned on the TV......nothing.....I had the radio on.....nothing.....so I called Brian and he confirmed that we did have an after shock. I thought it was a little werid that they didn't break into the TV with the announcement I mean we have a werid looking cloud and all we hear are tornado watches.....anyway it made for a freaky few minutes =o)

2 comments:

daiva e said...

The earthquake woke me up Friday morning - and I sleep through thunderstorms! I would guess that you're closer, but from what they were showing on the tv, we share a plate or something with the area that got hit, so maybe it travelled along it... I thought it was a strong wind, like you did.

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Wow i wondered if you felt it! i've never been in an earthquake..must be an unusual feeling.