Friday, December 14, 2007

Please pray for my mom

I'll try to keep this short :) On Sat 12/8 my mom called me crying, seems for the last week or so she's been having some chest pains. She was having one right then but it was worse and lasting longer then the previous times so she called me. I insited she go to the ED, I went and picked her up to take her in. She had some EKG changes and was admited so they could moniter her. She was released on Sun and had a follow up stress test scheduled for 12/17. Well yesterday morning she had another episode of chest pain so she called her dr as soon as she got to work (she also works at the hospital) but this time the chest pain included some radiating arm pain so they got her in for a nuclear stress test (something new, I'm not sure I have the right name for it) anyway the test confirmed some kind of blockage in her heart. I'm picking her up this morning for a cardiac catheterization. This can either fix the blockage or let them know what needs to be done next. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today, she's not exactly in the best health to start with. She's my best friend

2 comments:

daiva e said...

You and your Mom are in my prayers, Laurie. Please keep us posted as you've got time. (((Hugs)))

{S} said...

Oh Laurie! ((((((((hugs)))))))) I'm sure she will be alright. Luckily the blockage was found so soon. I will keep you all in my prayers.