Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Golden Compass....

I saw the movie and decided I HAD to read the book, and then the next book and then the next book!! I'm about half way thru the third in the series, The Amber Spyglass and I can't put it down! What a great story, it's a great adventure. I woke up several time last night thinking about the characters. I'm hoping to get it finished today or tomorrow so I can get back to real life!! This happens every time I find a book (or worse if it's a series!) I love. I remember when I started the Harry Potter series there were only 4 books released and I devoured them. I've passed on my love of reading to Mitchell, who by the way stayed up until 4:50 am on Tues night to finish his book.........not a good idea on a school night! He was suprised when we didn't punish him. We really felt that having to go to school on 2 hours sleep was punishment enough!! Anyway back to The Golden Compass......I highly recommend it!!

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

He stayed up almost all night?!! Wow! How did he make it through school the net day?