Monday, February 25, 2008

What's that smell.....

so last night I'm reading while Brian is watching Yankee workshop on TV and I smell a weird smell.....so I aske the usual ??'s did you burp or fart he says no....it's a faint but odd smell...after a while he smells it and thinks it's a new plastic smell. weird.. he's ready for bed, I'm like we can't go to bed with a weird smell in the house so I ask him to go downstairs to check it out and I'm going to finish my chapter in bed..he comes back and says it's stronger in my scraproom but he walked outside and can smell it there too so it must be something outside that has drifted in..OK..I finish my chapter and turn out the lights..only the smell is bugging me, so I go downstairs as soon as I get down tthere I KNOW what it is......a SKUNK!!! in the fall our neighbor told us he things a skunk is living under our front steps. They're concrete and there was a small hole dug under them so Brian filled it with rocks and forgot about it....well my scrap room is right up against the front of the house UGH so now who do you call to de-smell your front porch and find this pungent little creature?!?!?

3 comments:

daiva e said...

I'm not sure, but you could call animal control. They'd at least have a suggestion of who to call if they can't help you. I've hear that tomato juice works on people, but not sure about concrete. Ummm... Here's another thought. When did Brian plug up the hole? Skunks tend to go dormant in the winter and may not leave their dens until spring. It's mating season now, according to the search I just did...

Jen Hoover said...

aww man! :( that *STINKS* -no pun intended really :P

I'd know that smell a MILE away!!

good luck...

Sherri said...

We've had skunks under our shed and Gary shot them, then he had to get them out. Don't guess you can do that though.