Sunday, May 03, 2009

NSV

That's Non Scale Victory for those of you who don't know....I just found out myself when my friend Amanda refered to it .....I had to ask what it meant :)

For a while now people have been commenting on how lose and baggy my clothes are. I just didn't really think they were THAT baggy and sure didn"t want to go out and spend money on new clothes but since I was going to a 2 day NSD (National Scrapbook Day) whew lots of acronyms in this post!! anyway out buying new pants......I went to the local goodwill store and had a hard time finding something in the size I thought maybe I could squeeze into but there weren't any...so going down a size and another and ANOTHER until I found a pair of capri pants, thinking well trying them on will at least give me an idea of how close (or far away) I am to that size still a long way off in my mind......I wish I had a picture of my face when they slid right on!! I had even picked up a pair of button shorts....feeling pretty good I decided to try them on too and OMG!! I got them bottoned!! WOW what a moment I had in that dressing room!! So I bought both pairs! So I'll leave you with the picture of my new capri's on top of my old pants.....this was a happy day!!

3 comments:

{S} said...

wow!! what a great feeling that must have been. i'm so happy for you!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Holy cow woman!! It was beyond time to buy some new clothes!!! You definitely need to show off that new bod more!

Karenladd said...

OMG Laurie!!I am SO proud of you and thrilled with your success! What an awesome story!! Isn't it funny how your mind changes more slowly than your body does!