Sunday, April 26, 2009

birds!!

On Friday my friend Amanda came over to scrapbook/card make with me. Brian was out of town and I love having her over. Flash back to a week or so ago, one of the boys mentioned a bird nesting around the front of the house and they took the nest down. I didn't really pay much attention to the details. So it's around 10pm and Amanda is leaving, I walk her out and as soon as she is on the front porch a bird is flapping and squawking, hovering right around her head! It was crazy!! So she ducks back into the house and we get the door closed before it can get in the house.......but not before we scared the *crap* outta the bird :( It flies away and Amanda can get safely to her car.......then Mitchell says this is the bird that he was telling me about earlier. I went out and took a couple pictures of the nest. On Saturday we got up early to go to the free movie and there she was sitting in her nest. I don't know much about birds but I'm pretty sure there are eggs in there as she doesn't go far from it and goes right back when the coast is clear. Amanda came back after the movie to craft some more but was very careful to come and go from the back door! Brian got home in the late afternoon and we told him about the great bird adventure.....he said he's taken the nest down twice! Getting back to our craftiness Amanda says oh B just walked by the window with a broom......so I fly up the stairs to rescue the mama!! I dont' want the nest knocked down if there are eggs in there. I tried to look out the upstairs window but couldn't see into the nest. So we left it alone for now.

1 comment:

{S} said...

aww! i hope it's okay! i have one, as you know outside my door, it's been there for 2 years strong now. I love having it there.