Saturday, August 04, 2007

What a great week!

First I was gone for my summer retreat with AASC once I got home Brian left for Quantico Va. He was gone for 8 days. He's home for this week then off again for 2 weeks. So we had decided to spend a few days in Chicago for some much needed family time. The museum of Science and Industry has a CSI exhibit that we thought the boys would love. I was a little hesitant since I remember the museum being a little {boring} but figureing I live with 3 science geeks I thought I'd go along for the good time and maybe a little shipping. WOW either I've matured a little or the museum has gone thru a major renuvation.....I think maybe alittle of both!!. Anyway we had a FANTASTIC time!! On the way up we stopped at Fudduckers for dinner, the boys had such a good time they asked if we could eat lunch there instead of McD's on the way home!! So we did :)
We stopped at Archivers where I finally found the BG file set I've been looking for. Wed am we were off to the MoS&I Brian wanted to leave a little early incase we hit traffic, there really wasn't any so we got there early. We walked under Lake Shore Drive and got some morning pictures on the beach. The sun was shinining just a little too bright and it was very hot but I took the pictures anyway. Once the museum opened time seemed to fly by, the CSI exhibit was awesome both boys figured out their assigned case and had a blast!! (we can't wait to go back for the Star Wars exhibit!!) We didn't get to see most of the museum, but that's OK since we can't wait to go back!! We stopped at a cool bison & beef grill for dinner then headed to IKEA. We'd never been and I've been wanting to go for years!! I've ordered off the website and was uber excited when I say the store...........it's HUGE!!! I practically ran inside.......I'm not sure if my expecations were just too high or if it's because I wasn't really looking for anything specific but I was a little disappointed. I thought the employees were a little rude too. But I did **manage** to buy a few things ;-) It was a great few days!!

Today I went to the anuual Cain family reunion. My Grandma Schweighart is a Cain and this is her siblings. I always look forward to going and seeing the family I never get to see any other time. It was also my Uncle Ronnies 70th birthday.........8-) I didn't believe it, he looks awesome for his age (I hope I inherit that!!) I volunteered/got volunteered to help organize and send out reminders for the future reunions. We voted to move it back to Sunday next year. Sat didnt' give us much of a turnout with a lot of cousins working. THen my mom realized that it would be on Uncle Ronnies birthday again next year!! Once she told him he said in that case he'd like some presents too!!! It was also kinda sad, my Aunt Maxine seems to be having more trouble with her memory. She's such a beautiful and kind woman, it's hard seeing her like that.

No comments: