Saturday, November 01, 2008

healthy living

I'm getting a bit obsessive about this...I'm going to the gym every day and really controlling the portions I make and serve. It's amazing once you start to really see results. I keep finding dents!! you know where it used to be filled in!! I think I'm going to start posting every Monday with my progress then taper off to the first of each month. Just in the last 2 weeks I've gotten my blood sugar under control, I went from mid to high 200's down to under 100.....I've been able to start decreassing come of my medicine!! GO ME!! :) I'm not sure what the final straw was for me but I'm glad it finally broke. There's even talk of me participating in the Turkey Trot!! I'm going to post some pictures tomorrow then will post one on the first of each month.

7 comments:

Sashafras said...

You go girl!!! That's great!

TammyB said...

Congrats, my friend! I need a few less dents as well. I'm so glad you got your blood sugar down. Isn't 200 dangerously high? My dad is diabetic and we try to make sure he stays under 140. So, what's the Turkey Trot?

Amanda said...

Way to go on making dents!

How far is the turkey trot? Would Brian do it with you?

Hubby wanted to work out today but I said tomorrow. We did walk around the farmer's market so at least we got out in the wonderful weather!

Laurie said...

yes 200's is high and unfortunatly mine has been up there for the past few years :( didnt' realize how bad I really felt until I got it down. It upsets me a little to think I let it go on for that long but as someone told me.....I didn't let it go for that long plus another day.

The Turkey Trot is a mile long walk/run on Thanksgiving morning. I think they also give away some prizes after. I might see if Brian and the boys want to tag along!

I ended up going to the gym yesterday morning too but didn't bring my wallet so I wouldn't be tempted to walk over to the farmers market and pick up any goodide =o)

daiva e said...

Way to go, Laurie!!! You're doing sooo great!!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Awesome girl, you go! I'd love to see weekly updates. It's a good motivator if you know you've got to update people on your progress.

{S} said...

You are awesome Laurie! you are inspiring me!